湯銘哲 (Tang, Ming-Jer, M.D., Ph.D.)
生理學科暨生理所 特聘教授 分機：5425 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We employed molecular, cellular and mechanobiological approach to study pathophysiological mechanisms of cancer, organ fibrosis and keloid. Particular questions are:
1. Most cancer tissues are rigid, but cancer cells are soft, why?
2. How does tissue stiffening affect the progression of organ fibrosis and whether stem cells are remedies for organ fibrosis?
3. How is mechanical force involved in pathogenesis of keloid?
- Yi-Chun Yeh, Chia-Ching Wu, Yang-Kao Wang, and Ming-Jer Tang. DDR1 triggers epithelial cell differentiation via promoting cell adhesion through stabilization of E-cadherin. Mol. Biol. Cell 22: 940-953, 2011.
- Yeh YC, Lin HH, Tang MJ. A tale of two collagen receptors, integrin β1 and discoidin domain receptor 1, in epithelial cell differentiation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 303: C1207-17, 2012. (Review)
- Chen WC, Lin HH and Tang MJ. Regulation of proximal tubular cell differentiation and proliferation in primary culture by matrix stiffness and ECM components. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 307: F695-F707, 2014.
- Harn HI, Wang YK, Hsu CK, Ho YT, Huang YW, Chiu WT, Lin HH, Cheng CM, Tang MJ. Mechanical coupling of cytoskeletal elasticity and force generation is crucial for understanding the migrating nature of keloid fibroblasts. Exp. Dermatol. 24: 579-584, 2015
- Liu CY, Lin HH, Tang MJ and Wang YK. Vimentin contributes to epithelial-mesenchymal transition cancer cell mechanics by mediating cytoskeletal organization and focal adhesion maturation. Oncotarget 6: 15966-15983, 2015. (Co-corresponding author)
- Lin HH, Lin HK, Lin IH, Chiu YW, Chen HW, Liu CY, Harn HI, Chiu WT, Wang YK, Shen MR, and Tang MJ. Mechanical phenotypes of cancer cells: cell softening and the loss of stiffness sensing. Oncotarget 6: 20946-20958, 2015.
- Chen WC, Lin HH and Tang MJ. Matrix stiffness-regulated inverse expression of Krüppel-like factor 5 and Krüppel-like factor 4 in the pathogenesis of renal fibrosis. Am. J. Pathol. 185: 2468-2481, 2015.
- Yeh YC and Tang MJ. Functions of DDR1 in epithelial cell differentiation. Chapter in: Discoidin Domain Receptors in Health and Diseases. Editors: R. Fridman and P. Huang. Springer Publisher, 2015.
- Harn HI, Hsu CK, Wang YK, Huang YW, Chiu WT, Lin HH, Cheng CM, Tang MJ. Spatial distribution of filament elasticity determines the migratory behaviors of a cell. Cell Adhesion and Migration, Accepted 2016.